Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Excuses, Stories, and Christmas Freebies

Well hello everyone!  Remember me?  Nah, probably not.  Or if you do, you know me as that jerk who abandoned everyone for three months without warning.

In my defense - which is nothing more than an excuse, really - I had a rough three months.  A lot of things happened.  A lot of things didn't happen.  I can't decide which is worse.

It felt like I fell into a ditch, and no matter how hard I tried to scramble out of it, the edges kept crumbling and I would fall deeper into the mud.  After a while I gave up.  Why bother when there's nothing left I can do?

I let a lot of opportunities slide through my fingers because of my depression.  I was supposed to do a guest post at Michelle Fayard's blog yesterday, an author interview, but because I stopped checking my emails and stopped responding to the ones I did read, I lost the spot.  I didn't get the job I wanted because I didn't hand in my application.  I stopped writing because I hated everything I did.

I was functioning and I wasn't at the same time.  I didn't enjoy anything.  I went through the motions of living, but underneath that veneer, I was in pieces.  I would stay up late a lot of nights and play Pokemon (I'm a child at heart) on my DS until I passed out in my papasan chair.  Half the time I wouldn't even bother even getting into bed.  I slept in that poor papasan chair.  I sulked.

It was bad.  I needed change but couldn't be bothered to find it.

I'm not 100 percent right now either, but I wanted to try because I miss all of you and I miss writing and I miss writing this blog.  I miss reading all of your blog posts and commenting and finding out all about your writing and your lives and what's up with all of you.  I miss my friends.

So I have a present for you guys because I want to try and make up for disappearing and because I want to give you all a present since it's Christmas!

What is this present, you ask?  Well, it's simple.  Leave a comment here, and I will send you a PDF file of every Kitty Malone story I've written, including the newest one: Manhattan Christmas Lights, going up for sale tonight.

Sound good? (:

I'll post more soon!

9 comments:

  1. Marlena, sounds like you've had a tough time. Here's hoping the Christmas season will bring on a bit of good cheer.

    Whenever you'd like to do a guest post on my blog, just let me know and we can set it up. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joy. (: Christmas should be good this year, but fingers are crossed!

    I'd love to do a guest post on your blog! I'll get back to you on a good time.

    I hope you have a good holiday/holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I remember you, Marlena! I wondered what was up with you. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Getting back into the stuff that gives you joy will help, too. Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, Marlena, and a fantastic 2012 so you can put this year behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi J. R., Lacey! It's so nice to see you both again!

    J.R.: Drama happened. So much drama between personal things, houses, writing, pretty much everything. But the holidays are helping. You have a merry Christmas to!

    Lacey: Thank you so much. Hopefully 2012 will be a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, I missed you! I look forward to reading your blog again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed you too, Lev! I hope you enjoy the future posts! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Marlena. Sorry to hear tha last three months have been rough for you. Glad you have come back to blog. WELCOME BACK!

    The stories you mentioned sound interesting.


    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susanne!

    Thanks! I'm so happy to be back here, talking to all of you. Can't wait to get back on track.

    I hope they sound interesting because you're getting them!

    Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by!