Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Guest Post Over at Bird's-eye View


Hello everyone and good morning!  Today I'm over at Michelle's Bird's-eye View to talk about prologues!  She was here a few weeks ago and it was great having her over, so I hope that being over there will be just as enjoyable!  Stop by and say hi!

She gave me an award too, which is just icing on the cake, really.  It's the Helping Hands Award, and it's given to people who have helped you and others with writing and blogging and such.  Isn't that great?  Michelle is such a sweetheart.  There aren't any obligations aside from to pass it on to those you feel have helped you.

Well, a lot of people have helped me, so here's to paying it forward!

Rebecca E of Living a Life of Writing didn't get the Liebster Award because her blog has too many followers to qualify for it, but she writes incredibly helpful posts and sometimes uses my comments in them!  I know I definitely owe some traffic to her, so she gets the Helping Hands Award.

Lev from The Thoughts Bubble always drops by with something nice to say, and he even reviewed the first of The Kitty Malone series, so he really deserves the Helping Hands Award for reading a romance short and enjoying it.

And last but not least, Theresa Milstein of Substitute Teacher's Saga takes the time to read over the Saturday Night Specials and critique them, which is exactly what I need to keep me on track, and so she receives the Helping Hands Award for that!

15 comments:

  1. Marlena, your post is a hit! Being a last-to-the-party kind of West Coast gal, I just peeked and saw nine comments already. Thank you again for tackling this unexpectedly controversial issue. And I love the recipients of the Helping Hands Award, especially learning about Theresa critiquing the SNL posts, which I look forward to every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marlena, I really enjoyed your interview about prologues and left a comment at Michelle's blog. Congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone!

    Michelle: So many comments! I'm not used to it at all! And Theresa leaves awesome critiques in my comment section so I know what I need to do better.

    Kelley: Thanks!

    Elizabeth: I saw! I replied! And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, thanks for teh nicest compliment I could recieve. It's not easy writign a blog, but I love doing it. You've made my day Marlena!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rebecca! I'm glad your day is made! You deserve it for all the hard work you put yourself through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award, and congrats to the recipients!! And I loved the interview. I am pro-prologue (if it's a good one).

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...congrats on the award and interview, Marlena. You spared a moment in order to tackle a subject that causes many of us to grimace...and explained it quite well ;)

    El

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi all!

    alexia: Thanks! Prologues are only cool if they're good.

    Elliot: Thank you! (: I was hoping that it was an okay interview, it being my first and all.

    Michael: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi MArlena,

    Awesome post at Michelle's! Reading it now...

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award! :D
    Heading over to Michelle's now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marlena, I'm heading over to Michelle's now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done again, Marlena! :) I'll be heading over to read your post as soon as I've finished this comment :)

    I also love Living A Life of Writing - it was one of the first blogs I ever followed and it has already given me so many good tips. I'm sure it will come in extra handy when I eventually get round to following my dream of becoming a writer! As for the others, if they come with your recommendation, then I'm there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi everyone!

    Nas: Thank you!

    Monica: Thank you as well! I hope you enjoyed the post!

    Katie: Yay! Hope you liked it!

    Between the Lines: I know, right? I love reading Living a Life of Writing and talking with Rebecca about some of her posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by!