Monday, August 1, 2011

A Question and a News Update

It hit me the other day that I'm shamelessly promoting myself on my blog without any sort of street cred to back it up.  It was a horrible realization.  I mean really, I would like for you to buy my writing, but have I given you any reason to do so?  No!  I have not!   It's like buying one of those infomercial products.  You kind of want to see what it is, but you don't want to waste your money.  I must rectify this!  Immediately!

So I was wondering perhaps if you would like it if I were to post some freebies on here so you can have a sense of what I write.  I'm not sure yet if I would upload them directly as a post or as a downloadable file - like a PDF or Word document of something that could work on a Nook/Kindle/iPad, but I would put something up at least once a week for a month or so for you to peruse at your leisure.  I write in a range of genres, not just romance, so there could potentially be something for everybody.  And it'd be totally free.  No restrictions except stealing my work.  (I'd hunt you down and feed you chocolate-covered ants.)  Void only where prohibited.  Does that sound fun?  Exciting?  Cool?  Lame?  Let me know in the comments!

As for the news update...I have a Twitter account.  I promised myself I wouldn't do it, but honestly, it's a great social networking device, and I've already started stalking following a bunch of authors and publishers.  I even tweeted!  So if you want to read some rather sporadic, awkward things, I'm your go to girl at MarlenaCassidy.  I'm pretty sure that's my name on there.  Twitter confuses me.  It all goes so fast.  There's a new link on the blog page that I'm sure knows how to direct you to my Twitter better than I do.

8 comments:

  1. As long as you're OK with putting your work out there, I think that's a really good idea! :) how else can we make sure you know what you're talking about? ;) I'm joking, of course... But that sounds like a great, original idea, and I for one would take pleasure in reading some of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I've raised people's expectations. (;

    And thank you! I'll get right to work figuring out how to make this run smoothly. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it! I can't wait to read your masterpieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too nice to me, Lev. (: Oh! I have my entry ready for your Flash Fiction contest. So that's a hint, I suppose. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marlena, Glad you dropped by my interview over at Get Busy Writing! As I mentioned in one of my responses, I ran excerpts from my novel for almost a full year, and I sold several copies as a result. I therefore recommend sharing freebies (but not too much!). Re the options (post or download), I recommend uploading them as posts. That'll keep them more connected to you, which seems appropriate given that people aren't paying! I look forward to reading some of those pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the help! I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds good to me--I'd love to read what you write! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! (: By the end of this week I'll have something up for you to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by!