Saturday, August 6, 2011

Liebster Love


I woke up today to find out I received a blogging award!  Michelle Fayard, who is an absolute sweetheart and beautiful writer and you should all look at her blog and comment and follow and then read her YA excerpt and then comment on that, chose me as one of the five recipients of the Liebster Award, which is given out to new and starting-up blogs who have less than 200 followers.  Liebster also means friend in German, which makes it even more awesome that she would choose me.  There are five rules to receiving it:

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.

Thank you again Michelle!  Words cannot describe the level of ecstatic happiness that is consuming me right now.

2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.

Awesome.  Here are my five picks, who are all awesome people and deserve lots of love:

a. Lev of The Thoughts Bubble.  Lev writes on a multitude of subjects, ranging from writing to technology to everything in between.  He's also generous enough to host his own Flash Fiction contest with a 20 dollar Amazon giftcard as a prize!  So here's to Lev!

b. Between The Lines of Between The Lines Book Reviews.  Between The Lines writes awesome book reviews and is nice enough to ignore the fact that I managed to screw up the name of the blog in one of my posts.  Between The Lines was also nice enough to host a giveaway of The Undertaker by William F. Brown.  So go show some love!

c. J. R. Pearse Nelson of J. R. Pearse Nelson.  J. R. is an up and coming novella-ist who's using the self-publishing route to get her work out there.  Right now, she's currently taking part in the ROW80 challenge.  I haven't read any of her novellas, but if she's as good a writer as she is a blogger, then she'll have no problem getting the recognition she deserves.  Let's all give her some support!

d. Everyone of the Writing Bug. This blog is just so amazing.  Jenny, Kerrie, and Brooke write amazing articles and always choose awesome people as their guest bloggers.  Their posts highlight great points of writing and talk about influences and and the finer details of publishing to help out the rest of us.  Go check them out!

e. E. R. King of Get Busy Writing.  Emily is so nice and funny that I couldn't possibly not pick her for this!  I love reading her posts whenever I can, and I can't wait to read her dark and twisted and romantic novels.  She also hosts some awesome guest bloggers who are a joy to read and follow on their blogs.  Go give her some love!

Honorable Mention! J.L. Campbell of The Writing Depot.  J.L. Campbell's blog is all about writing with some posts about Jamaica in between.  Her blog is well thought-out and well-written and it's always fun to read what she writes.  Her romance novels are amazing as well, and deserve awesome reviews.  Her Twitter feed is also fun to read.  So check it all out!

3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.

Did that!  It looks beautiful.

4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.

I know they do that already because they're amazing people.

5. And most of all, have fun!

I've been doing that since I joined.  This is an amazing journey I'm on, and I can't believe I get to share it with so many wonderful people.  Thank you all so much!

17 comments:

  1. Marlena, who could ever get down from rejection letters and writers' block with a friend and cheerleader extraordinaire like you. :) Thank you very much all the sweet things you wrote. I'll be visiting the blogs of those you passed along the award to and looking forward to meeting new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything I wrote is true! And once I eat, I'll be looking at the ones that you passed along. Can't wait to see them! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sharon! Congrats to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, thankyou! :D I am over the moon, although this does provide me with a bit of a dilemma...I will explain more in my next post! Well done to you, you deserve it :) and thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marlena,

    Thanks very much for the mention. I appreciate this. I'm backlogged though, so it might take a while before I can do the linking etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marlena, it is truly an honor to get this from you :)

    I really appreciate all of the love that you show my blog and this award means so much :)

    Congrats on receiving this from Michelle and THANK YOU for giving it to me.

    All the best,

    Lev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee, congratulations to you all!

    Between The Lines - Two awards in one shot! It just goes to show how awesome you are!

    J. L. Campbell - Take as much time as you need.

    Lev - Aw, thank you! And no problem! I knew as soon as I received it that I had to pass it along to you. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the award, Marlena!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you The Golden Eagle, Nas! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marlena, you have been such an inspiration to me, and your critiques are invaluable. I've just rewritten and reposted my one-sentence (30-word) pitch at http://michellefayard.blogspot.com/2011/08/get-your-foot-in-door-contest.html based upon your comments. Thank you again; you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just noticed your new About Me photo; I like it!

    By the way, I've left responses to your comments at http://marcieshrinks.blogspot.com/2011/08/guest-postquestion.html
    and
    http://michellefayard.blogspot.com/2011/08/get-your-foot-in-door-contest.html.

    Blogger has been super tweaky for me today, so hopefully this way of communicating is getting through OK ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun award! I like your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Michelle! I thought it was about time I had an actual photo of myself on here. I also saw your comments and will respond to them in a few. (:

    And thank you Anita! Isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marlena, I've left a response to your comment at http://michellefayard.blogspot.com/2011/08/goodreads-now-post-blog-later.html. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marlena, thank you so much! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by!