Friday, July 15, 2011

Movie Day

I saw the last Harry Potter movie and it was EPIC.  Though the one scene that I was looking forward to seeing didn't impress me as much as I wanted it to, it was still AMAZING.  I loved the soundtrack too and the sympathetic landscapes/weather.  There were some awesome shots of Hogwarts shrouded in fog, all gray, with skeletal Dementors wafting through the air in ribbon-like robes.  Breathtaking.

I won't say too much more in case I spoil it for people.  Don't want to be that guy.

The epilogue I could do without though.  I didn't like it in the book and I didn't like it in the movie, though it was a bit better watching it instead of reading it.

6 comments:

  1. I think I must be one of the few who have never seen a HP film or read a HP book! Sounds like it's a good film to watch if you're a fan of the series though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on earth have you managed to avoid Harry Potter? D:

    But yeah, if you read all the books, the films are a nice treat to see. It's kind of like a culmination. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too loved the movie. I am curious what scene you were disappointed with. I did think the last scene with Snape was easier to follow visually than in the book. I have to disagree with you on the epilogue though. I loved it in the book and in the movie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scene with Snape's memory was beautifully done, and I'll admit, I cried when I saw it. The scene I was disappointed with was with Voldemort, Snape, and Nagini. I knew it was going to be difficult to recreate something that graphic in a PG-13 movie, but I was kind of sad when the camera panned out to Harry, Ron, and Hermione and let sound tell you what was going on. It was well done, but not what I had in mind.

    I'm glad you liked the epilogue though. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scene I was most disappointed with, was Neville's speech. That was sooo not how it was supposed to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Neville's speech was fairly flubbed as well. They kept trying to make him comic relief and after a while it just didn't work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by!